Pretty sure you know about TikTok, or at least you’ve heard about it. As one of the most popular platforms today, TikTok helped many businesses grow and boom. May it be clothes, cosmetics, food, skincare products, etc. The best thing to do is to take advantage of its use as a marketing tool for your landscaping business. So how about TikTok for Landscapers as a marketing strategy?
The amount of time people spend on TikTok is crazy, but it is not invalid. Because TikTok doesn’t just provide entertainment now, TikTok has dramatically improved. You can absorb so much from TikTok that people always say they learned much more from TikTok than in school. Professionals are also present there, from psychologists to dentists to police officers, business owners, and so much more.
The process of using TikTok to advertise a business, product, or service is known as “TikTok marketing.” That may involve a variety of strategies, including influencer marketing, TikTok advertising, and the production of naturally viral content. Businesses can benefit from TikTok marketing by raising their brand awareness. All that for free! Imagine how much TikTok has improved and that everybody is now welcome to use it.
Want to use TikTok for Landscapers as an effective marketing tool?
First, see what it can do for your business. Here are essential things for you to know before starting a TikTok account for your business.
2 Types Of TikTok Accounts
- Personal Account – The only form of account on TikTok that may be made private is a personal account, though these accounts have fewer API-enabled features. With TikTok Personal Accounts, All of the popular music on TikTok is available to you if you but also often unable to access TikTok Analytics, auto-publish videos, or regulate their TikTok comments through Conversations. This account is for people who only want to watch or create content; that is the primary use of a personal TikTok account. When you have a personal account on TikTok, you get :
- Use notification publishing to upload videos to TikTok.
- Can make your account private (meaning only people you approve can follow you and view your videos, bio, and likes as well as your following and followers lists)
- Business Account – Due to TikTok’s API, business accounts have access to more features than personal accounts. As a result, TikTok Business Accounts have complete access to capabilities. When you have a business account, you get the following :
- Automated TikTok video publishing – Prepare videos in advance and post them to TikTok automatically or via push alerts. Only TikTok Business Accounts have access to the Auto Publish for TikTok feature. Currently, you can only schedule one video for a TikTok post. At the moment, TikTok does not support scheduling photographs. Videos can be cropped and shortened when scheduled through Later on the web.
- Get to the TikTok Analytics (paid plans only) – TikTok analytics include information on anything from the number of followers you’ve gathered to the number of views and interactions your videos have gotten. Data on TikTok trends, audience demographics, account growth, and peak usage are available.
- Manage comments on TikTok using Conversations (Advanced plans only)
- Tracking performance in real-time.
- Use analytics to identify trends in your content.
- Option of directing visitors to external websites.
- Put a professional email address on their TikTok profile. – How do I add my business email to TikTok?
- Step 1: At your TikTok for Business profile, tap the “Edit profile” button.
- Step 2: Tap “Add your email.”
- Step 3: Type your desired email address—step 4: Tap “Save” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Possibility to collaborate with TikTok influencers. – Business TikTok allows business owners to reach out to influencers for collaborations and closing deals.
The majority of public figures, content producers, and regular TikTok users should choose a Personal type of account. They have the freedom to use Personal Accounts to access TikTok in many ways. On the other hand, explicitly designed for brands and companies, TikTok business accounts are loaded with features to help you optimize the content you post.
How To Check What Type Of TikTok Account You Have
If you already have a TikTok account and want to check what kind of account you have, here is what you need to do.
To determine the type of your TikTok account, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile in the TikTok mobile app.
- In the upper right corner, tap the three-lined bar”☰”
- Select Privacy and Settings.
- Select Manage account.
- Look for the option “Account control.”
- You have a Personal Account if it reads “Switch to Business Account.”
- You have a business account if it reads Switch to Personal Account.
A Step-by-step Guide On Making A Business Account On Tiktok
If you do not have a TikTok account and want one, here’s how to make a business account.
Creating A Profile
- Download TikTok through the App Store or Google Play.
- Start the app.
- At the bottom right corner, tap Profile.
- Choose a signup method.
Note: Your email address and phone number must be current to recover your password and log in.
You have a TikTok account; you are at the best time to turn it into a Business account.
Transforming Your Account On TikTok Into A Business Account
- Step 1: Click the three dots in the top-right corner of your TikTok profile page.
- Step 2: Tap the three-lined bar”☰”
- Step 3: Select “Manage Account.”
- Step 3: Tap “Switch to Business Account.”
- Step 4: Select the “Business” account type and tap “Next.”
- Step 5: Choose information about your business and finish answering.
There you go! Your Personal TikTok account is officially a business account. You can access the features mentioned above.
What Happens If I Turn My Account Into A Business Account?
More features are available to those who have professional accounts. Users of TikTok with corporate accounts get access to capabilities like the ones stated above that aren’t available to everyone. The only aspect of your account that will change is the privacy setting; personal accounts are the only ones that let owners choose how much privacy they want. If you convert your account into a business account, there is no privacy; your account will be public immediately. While converting your account, a question like this will pop up and ask if you are sure about turning your account into a business one.
In promoting your landscape business on TikTok, you do not want privacy. You want people to see and engage with your content, more views, more customers, and more profit.
Grow Your Followers
Since you already have your Business TikTok account set up, the following are tips on growing your account and having a massive following on TikTok.
Identify And Specify Your Audience/Target Market.
In marketing, knowing your audience and specific target market is one of the most important things to consider. You can not market landscaping to kids 12-17 years old that are girls; they probably would want very different content. Landscaping businesses like yours mainly target homemakers in their middle years because they are more inclined to hire landscapers. Also, the younger parents are more prone to hire professionals for their landscaping. The importance of knowing your audience is that you will be able to cater to them. Your content will base on what they need and what they want. It’s fair to say they are your priority in this app because they are your potential customers already.
Collaborations, also known as “Collabs,” is one of the best things you can do to grow your followers. Interact with other creators and make sure your business gets a mention.
- Deals – For example, you will provide services for free in exchange for a famous creator mentioning and endorsing your business on their page. Influencers now significantly impact their followers’ lives, from lip-gloss and where they get their clothes to what products they use at home and any ideas that come to mind.
- Choosing influencers – There are trendy single parents on TikTok. Significantly single moms will benefit so much from this service.
- Terms and Conditions – You can make a deal, for example, regularly maintaining their lawn for a year for free in exchange for every 50 customers (depending on what both parties agreed upon ) that got their knowledge about your landscaping business from their account. This deal causes them to promote you constantly, you benefit, and they help too.
Ensure that your influencer is in line with your business and popular enough to make your business known. You can not approach a make-up content creator to advertise you because your target markets are not the same. Instead, come those who are in the same line as your business. Please understand this point because you can’t ask another landscaping business to promote you because they would be promoting their competitor. Instead, approach those influencers whose contents are about home.
Hashtags are significant because it serves a lot more like SEO. In TikTok, people look for posts through #. And as a landscaping business, you should know what relevant hashtags to put in your caption. For example, if you posted a video about transformation, you will have to put these hashtags in the caption
- and the name of your business, for example, #landoflandscapers
When people type the #landscapers on the searched bar, it is most likely for your video to appear if you have the same hashtag caption in it. As time goes by, as you improve your TikTok account, study the detour of hashtags and apply it to every content you post.
Use Relatable And Popular Sounds.
Another crucial one; is sounds on TikTok are one of the factors that help with your video’s popularity. TikTok has FYP, which means For You Page; it is the general newsfeed of TikTok. And there are trending sounds all the time, and the moment you use them when people try to search for them, your video will most likely appear.
Produce quality content; ensure your content isn’t just marketing your business but also helps your viewers and is educational for them. Educate the viewers and attend to their needs. No matter how many videos you produce, it will all be in vain if it is non-sense, not relatable, and aligned for the viewers. Contents should be fun, enticing, helpful, and educational; little do they know they desire your business to provide services for them.
No one wants blurred videos; make sure you learn to manipulate video qualities before uploading your content. A video is more likely to be skipped on TikTok if it is blurred. It makes the viewers lose interest and scroll past it. High-quality videos and relatable, educational content will always benefit your TikTok account one way or another.
Specific But Not Restricted
When a TikTok account knows its target audiences and market, it doesn’t mean they are the only ones they will entertain. The target audiences may be the priority, but the specification of the target market does not mean exclusion. Anyone can still watch, comment, and save your videos about landscaping if they desire. Keep the identity of your account but still, be available for anyone who will want to see your page.
Your ultimate goal is to reach your target market, but the more views and engagements, the better.
Use Your Edge
Assess your firm’s strengths and take advantage of free marketing, showcasing them to entice more potential customers.
In the field, a handsome landscaper is just an average, but at TikTok, a good-looking landscaper is an edge to your business.
The TikTok world is good, you learn a lot of things, but one thing will always be relevant in this app, good-looking people. If you have a landscaper who looks conventionally attractive, it will be a great strategy to make him the face of your account. In other words, with no sugarcoating, this traps. Maximize the good-looking landscaper to entice more viewers; he does two jobs he deserves a raise.
It doesn’t need to be inappropriate or nude; it could be a video of him doing the landscaping and a good sound that suits the vibe of the whole video. Take note that the sound has to be trending.
The more attractive the person in the video is, the more chances it will go viral. Usually, businesses on TikTok need that one post that will boom and get a million views, and everything follows.
Flex Your Works
Take videos of your excellently, clearly, and capture every detail of your work. Showcase the good stuff, which is the quality of your business’s work. It needs good angles, lighting, a clean environment, and everything that makes high-quality promotion video content for your landscaping business.
Flex some good reviews from your previous clients and let them vouch for you so that viewers can see that your business is legitimate.
Have promos because they are investments for business owners. For example, the first person who finds a hidden word or code in your video and must be following your page gets a free lawn renovation as an anniversary promo. Or another example is in a video asking a tricky question about landscaping, and the first person to answer will be pinned on the comment section and will receive a free lawn mowing. Good promotion in promos will help gain followers and views.
Capacities Of Your Landscaping Business
An excellent example of showcasing the capacity of your business is, for instance, Kendall Jenner uploaded her new house, and the landscape is very achievable for your company. In her post trends, people are asking who did her garden or something, basically landscaping. You can use this opportunity to put a video on TikTok that your landscaping business can do the same thing with hers but at a lower price. Something like their idols for a lower price, aren’t people going to love that? Maximize TikTok for Landscapers to boast your landscaping business’ capabilities.
- Post regularly – Make a clean schedule for posting content. For example, if posting is once a week, every Wednesday, there will be seven days which is a good amount for compiling and editing carefully before posting the content. And every Wednesday, no matter what happens, a video is uploaded.
- No backward steps – Your TikTok account should consistently be quality, postings, interactions with viewers, and comments. If there is any change you want to happen, it only should be better, nothing else. Better quality of the videos, better content ideas, better voiceovers, better schedule of posting, and so much more as long as it’s better.
- Entertain the viewers – There will always be comments with remarks, such as questions or negative co. Reply with a video as soon as possible and address the concern. If it needs an explanation in the video to address the problems, do so.
- Evaluate your comments section – Check your comment section from time to time to assess what needs improvement, what you need to delete, and what you should or shouldn’t do. An account that listens to its viewers is more likely to be followed by the viewers.
There will always be endless possibilities in choosing content ideas on TikTok, but here are the following tips that will always be timely and align with the line of business industry you have.
- Transformation videos – These kinds of videos are what people love. Who doesn’t want to see a fantastic transformation that looks impossible until you reveal it? And it showcases how good your landscaping business is in providing the services you offer. It will set an expectation on how good or bad your firm is in this field.
- Time Lapse – For those curious to see how the landscaping process is happening, the type of video perfect for them is timelapse. They can see it in a highly straightforward way but with enough pace to see how it works and the process of everything. Timelapse is a convenient way of showcasing how you do landscaping in a long process in a short time.
- Satisfying – The kind of content fits everyone on the app, old, young, parent, kid, or whatever. Because enjoyable vids are one of the highest views on TikTok, you can capture a video of your landscaper cutting and lining the grass between the lawn and the walkway. If it looks fast and clean, it will fit the ‘satisfying’ category, and people will love it. Or, for example, you can take a video of your landscaper mowing the lawn in a very organized manner that gives a satisfying feeling to the viewers, then it is going to do.
- Reels/Compilation – Reels is a term on social media that means a compilation of images, videos, and some montages of your previous works, just like a portfolio in video form. Reels will be an excellent pinned TikTok so that everyone can see what your business exactly does and how you do it.
All these, when used right and partnered with the sounds that fit it well, these concepts will significantly help grow your business. As long as the results connect to your page’s branding, it will be great content.
Research What Is Trending And Timeless
You have your social media marketing tool, TikTok; it doesn’t just revolve around uploading quality content, entertaining comments, and reaching the target market. It also comes with thorough research on what is trending, if possible, what will be a trend and potential timeless ideas. Trend and timelessness are essential because people love viral things, and timeless ideas are sustainable.
A sound on TikTok goes like this, first showing the before of the landscaping, which is ugly, undone, and not pleasing to the eyes, and then the sound says, “can we skip to the good part?” then will suddenly show the after result. Do you know why people still use that concept today? Because that concept is timeless. Skipping to the good part is suitable for almost everything, landscaping like the example given earlier, graduation, birthdays, giving birth, and so much more.
The difference between timeless and trending is that trending changes from time to time, and it’s excellent to do at the moment, while timeless, on the other hand, will be good for so long and has so many contents. Having both in your social media marketing will help boost and help your business grow.
If you are highly interested in trying TikTok as a marketing strategy for Landscapers, you are now ready! But if you find yourself wanting more help with your landscaping business’ online marketing, say no more. We got you! Visit our website now!